for all your motorcycle training needs 01295 678229
About Us
Meet the team
Routes to Licence
Courses inc Prices
Special Offers
Course Availability
Team bike-moore blog
Instructor Training
Pre Course Checklist
Terms and Conditions
Motorcycle Theory Test
Practical Motorcycle Test
Wall of Fame
Student Testimonials
Press Releases
Gift Vouchers
Current Stock
Useful Links
Top Tips
Recommended Reading
Contact Us
How to Find Us
Frequently Asked Questions 


Q: What  do I need to bring? 

Q: Do I need to take a CBT?
A:  All learner motorcycle/moped riders must complete a CBT course before riding on the road. Also, with effect from 1st February 2001 all new car drivers wishing to validate the full moped entitlement granted with a full UK car licence, must complete a CBT course.
If you have a full UK car licence issued before February 2001, you may ride a 50cc moped without doing CBT. It would be very wise to still complete a CBT as you will be much safer on the road. If you want to ride up to a 125cc you must complete a CBT.

Q: How long does a CBT certificate last?
A: A DL196 (CBT) certificate lasts for 2 years. CBT will need to be retaken if both a motorcycle theory and practical test are not passed within the 2 year certificate life.
For moped entitlement only, if you pass your car driving test whilst your CBT certificate is still current or complete a CBT course and obtain a DL196 after passing your car test, the certificate is not subject to expiry.

Q: What licence do I need?
A: You need to be in full possession of one of the following licences to take part in a training course:
  • a full UK car licence
  • a provisional UK car licence with valid provisional motorcycle entitlement (Category A) or provisional moped entitlement (Category P) if you only want to ride a moped
  • an EU licence with valid UK counterpart (D58/2) showing provisional motorcycle entitlement (under additional UK provisional entitlement)

Q: Do I need to do any pre-course preparation?
A: You will need to have a good understanding of The Highway Code. It also helps if you are not a car driver to spend some time riding a bicycle on the public highway. 
Q: Will I complete the CBT course in one day?
A: The majority of people get through their CBT course in one day, but not everyone does. If you are unsuccessful, the course will finish at a point where the Instructor feels it will be more beneficial for you, the student, to come back on another day for further training - please note that the first return is free. 

Q: What happens if the weather is bad?
A: We will endeavour to advise all students as early as possible if a course is cancelled due to bad weather. However, please call us if you are unsure if a course will be running. If a course is cancelled, we will rearrange your training at no extra cost. 
Q: What is the ratio of instructor to student?
A: A maximum of two students to one instructor during the on road training. 
Q: Can I use my own bike for the CBT?
A: Yes, it needs to be road worthy and legal and display full sized 'L' plates front and back.
Q: Do I need to bring my own helmet?
A: We can provide a helmet, although we do recommend investing in your own as correct fitting is vital.  
Q: I have a full car licence - do I still need to take a theory test?
A: Yes. The motorcycle theory test content is different to the car theory test.  
Motorcycle Training for Banbury - North Oxfordshire Villages - Chipping Norton - Bicester - Kidlington - South Warwickshire Villages - Gaydon - Kineton - Southam - Leamington Spa - Stratford-Upon-Avon - Shipston On Stour - South Northamptonshire Villages - Brackley - Daventry - Coventry - Rugby - Oxford